Thursday, September 19, 2013

OBEY // ROMWE REVIEW

DSC_0574 DSC_0585 DSC_0586 DSC_0587 DSC_0578 DSC_0584
White Dungaree Dress: Romwe // Shirt: Obey Clothing (borrowed from brother's closet)

So I finally got around to uploading a post that was long overdue, and I hate to make excuses, but I was really busy with school and the problems that come along with it. Anyway, moving on.
Since I started blogging, the various bloggers that I followed were either sponsored by or had bought clothes from this online store Romwe, an online store based in China. When I first heard of them and visited their site, I was impressed by the amount of variety they had, mainly in terms of clothing. I saw this one piece they had that had just come out, and it was at a fairly reasonable price.

Pros:
The material was true to the clothing (denim)
Looked exactly as shown on the website
No obvious defects
Customer service was decent

Cons:
Upon arriving, I measured the dress and found it to be a bit shorter than advertised (82-83 cm)
Delivery was really long (about 3 weeks long)

And to follow up on the delivery issue, I had ordered from them and nearly 2 weeks later I started getting nervous when I saw that the status had not changed to shipped. I had to talk with their live chat service just to make sure that I wasn't being scammed. The customer service over at Romwe were very kind and assured me that the reason that my order took so long was that they had just finished making a bunch of clothing & my order would be sent over to the shipping center. True to their word, it was shipped afterward and arrived within a week.

And another thing: please, please, please be vigilant while shopping online, especially if it's overseas. I had assumed that Romwe was a legit, trustworthy site because a bunch of bloggers had endorsed the website and they had nothing but praises for them....well, I did my research after the fact that I had placed the order, and there were a lot of mixed reviews, and some saying that either the delivery time was too long or they never received their order. My nerves weren't satiated until my order was shipped, and even then I wasn't sure if the material would be good quality...and thankfully I didn't have to worry about that.

With that being said, maybe I got lucky this time around, but this time I'd be a bit skeptical from ordering from them. As nice as this purchase was, just be careful where you order from and do your research! Also, feel free to share your online experiences (if any)!

Have a happy, safe week!

23 comments:

  1. Love the all white!

    http://thewordlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your comments love! You have super qt style

    xx Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you styled it! great review as well, chinese sites are usually a hit or miss with every order :/

    x http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot get enough of overalls<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely!



    /
    christian | my blog : www.christianyuen.blogspot.com
    greetings from hong kong
    peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute!

    Twinvibes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. im just sooo in love with the all white look to me it just screams prestige lol x

    marymariescloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow i love your blog and these photos are super lovely! heheh

    jasmineama.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey love, just came across your blog and I am in love!

    I love this reviews, they're super honest (if you know what I mean) keep up the good work!

    xx
    Jess
    thefamousjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you so much! I take my readership very seriously and i'm glad you think so! also your drawings are super cute!

      Delete
  11. This outfit is too cute! love it!

    That's the thing with online shopping. There's somewhat a con and it takes forever.

    Anna Czarina

    Anna Czarina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely <3
    Visit my blog ?
    www.derepentenaotemidade.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the simplicity on your blog

    www.youthinkimreckless.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am soooo in love with this simple outfit. You are so chic and stylish!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photos are so lovely, clean and fresh. I am really happy I stumbled upon your blog - you have a fresh outlook and I love it. Thanks for the review!

    By the way, your hair is incredible x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute look, those overalls are great.

    Vicky
    x milkblackteablog.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete