Saturday, January 4, 2014

THESE WORDS ARE MY OWN // YEAR IN REVIEW // NEW YEAR'S 2014

DSC_0639

A mix of my Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals & Christmas goodies featuring:

Fjallraven Classic Daypack: Fjallraven Kanken // Crabtree and Evelyn Hand Therapy Collection // Cable Tunic Sweater + V Neck Long Sweater: Oasap // Flatform Sneakers + Boyfriend Jeans: ASOS

Happy New Year!!!!
I know I kinda reiterated this in the last post I made, but as uninteresting (personally) 2013 was for me, I will admit that that particular year was a year of change and transition for me concerning aspects of school and my personal life. A few positives was the fact that I managed to keep my grades afloat, got my drivers licence, acquired a job, learned photography (film & digital), and last of all, started this lovely blog. I do realize that this blog wouldn't be anything without your constant words of encouragement and feedback, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. It's been a journey documenting it all, and I'm more than glad to share it with supportive readers. I do feel there will be a lot more changes coming up in 2014 for this blog and in my personal life, and I can't wait to see what the future holds. And for the first time ever, I came up with the only resolution I intend on following through with: going to the gym. In all honesty I don't like making such "resolutions" on arbitrary days such as these, but this particular one is one I intend to keep- and will once I gather enough self discipline. I hope most of you had an amazing 2013, and may 2014 not only be a better year for me, but for you too! *virtual hugs and kisses*

So this post was supposed to be split up in two parts, but since I was too busy with finishing college applications, schoolwork and working, you now get a conglomerate of things mashed up together- which I might say worked out quite nicely. I got my very first kanken (after lusting for it for a year), the coffee toned sweater, the white flatforms and the boyfriend jeans during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, while the rest was either bought or gifted to yours truly.

I also considered doing a review on each of the items listed, but it would make this post longer than it needed to be. As a result, I've decided to review them in separate full outfit posts (with the exception of the hand lotion) coming much later, and besides, pictures tell a thousand words.

DSC_0641 DSC_0643 DSC_0642 DSC_0644

Sidenote: If you haven't tried Crabtree and Evelyn hand lotion (or any of their products), I highly recommend that you do. Their lotions work miracles for your hands, and especially if you live in the northeast or in colder climes. I have walked out of my house with a coat of lotion on my hands, and by the time I've reached my destination, my hands have been reduced to the feeling (and look) of dry, stiff leather thanks to the unforgiving below freezing temperatures and harsh winds. However, I don't get that feeling when I use Crabtree lotions, in fact they hold up better than any hand lotion I've ever used.

Hope your New Year's got off to a great start!

15 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm a new reader and I absolutely love your blog. I'm currently on the search for my own pair of perfect boyfriend jeans and it has been a real struggle. Anyways I just want to wish you a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stuff! I love your black backpack ;-)
    And a happy new year!
    Leonie
    pilot-leonie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. really lovely basic items there, love the brown sweater and the white canvas shoes a lot - so cute!

    Check out my blogpost on New Year and Print-Clashing trend :)
    ALxx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute items!
    Giveaway on my blog http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sweaters are so cute! I love the mustard/yellowish/oragnish sweater

    Tallia
    Trending In Fashion
    Dressale Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everythign about this is amazing I'm glad I came across your blog :3
    http://shesthedevil-indisguise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely haul! I love the brown sweater <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it looks like you picked up some amazing things! I especially love those platform sneakers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I love the knitted brown sweater so much! The knitting patterns looks really cool.

    love,
    Sherry

    www.threadedbysherry.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you always purchase the cutest items. really love your picks.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colour of that cable knit sweater. So very beautiful.

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete