Wednesday, February 5, 2014

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING // KANKEN REVIEW



Backpack: Kanken Fjallraven

It's been a while since I've posted anything in this space due to some examination issues that needed to be resolved, but now that's out of the way with a new semester put in place, hopefully I can blog much more frequently.

I finally acquired this glorious bag waaay back in late November in the midst of the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales, and I was more than happy to purchase it at $20 off the original retail price....because who doesn't love a good bargain? After I first saw it gracing the backs of bloggers and then people I followed on Instagram, it stayed on my wishlist for more than a year- until now. Next up: review.

Fjallraven backpacks are immensely popular in Scandinavia, and they've started to build up a reputation in the States and elsewhere for their quality and durability. Made out of a strong cotton/polyester blend and designed for comfortability in addition to distributing weight evenly, they tend to hold up very well and they suit any occasion from being in the outdoors to being a backpack for schoolchildren.

Pros:

- It's an appropriate size to fit all of my schoolbooks
- Easily washable & easy to maintain
- The straps aren't too hard on your shoulders
- Great at repelling moisture
- Flat foam cushion for your back inside + 2-way handle straps

Overall, I have nothing bad to say about this bag, since it's everything I've asked for in a backpack and more. It made me happy to use this in school because before then it had been probably about 6 years since I carried a backpack around a school hallway...that's all the way back in middle school...yikes. I totally wouldn't mind another one, but for now I can handle this one just fine. Until next time.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this review. I have always been so curious about this bag! xx

    http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely review! I love the bag seems so on-the-go

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the backpack somewhere but it looks even better here on your post! Perfect casual piece :)
    Style Imported

    $50 Gift card Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love reading your blog, It's very refreshing and genuine and I really appreciate that :)
    anyway, would you like to follow each other?

    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS

    FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cute bag! Thanks for sharing your review <3


    XO J
    www.thestyleworthwhile.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the bag babe!
    would you mind to follow each other? :)

    greetings from Hong Kong :)

    www.basic-classic.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/basicclassic
    www.instagram.com/Andianti_

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm never heard of this name before but might just give it a try! great review!
    La Mode D'Emm

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love backpack and this one is rad!
    love the shape

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool, looks so 90's! x

    aforvogue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing find, such a great bargain!
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is nice ! Im following you on bloglovin now XO
    www.goldandurban.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i got mine last year when i was in stockholm, it's crazy how in stockholm everyone have one ! Seriously i use this bag very often :)
    Emma's little box

    ReplyDelete