Monday, February 17, 2014

STYLE SET #8- CARRIED AWAY

STYLE SET #8

Sweater + Pants: American Apparel // Leather Lunch Bag // Black Wide Rimmed Fedora // Round Glasses

This month I had a tough time trying to figure out what theme this month's style set would have, as I usually plan them out by what pieces of clothing catches my eye. But then I started thinking in terms of what would be appropriate for the season I'm currently in right now. So much snow has fallen here in the east coast this past week, and it's been so bitterly cold that I haven't found the energy to stand outside and take more outfit pictures, which sucks. This time, I planned out an ideal outfit for the weather conditions I'm currently facing. 

I've always had a liking for American Apparel, but their clothes are always out of my reach due to price, and rightfully so, since they're made with amazingly good quality. Their turtleneck sweater and high waisted trousers really speak to me right now, since they would make essential staples for my closet. I've also been thirsting after lunch bag clutches for awhile now. It's a shame that Zara phased out their messenger lunch bag, it was absolutely perfect, and it would be a dream of mine if I could find an affordable one somewhere that isn't $200. I added the black brogues because it adds class to virtually any outfit, and who wouldn't love more black shoes?

Concerning future posts, I've gotten quite a few clothes in the mail that I haven't gotten around to reviewing yet, but I do hope to get started taking outfit posts again sometime soon....until next time.

16 comments:

  1. amazing set as always! really like the "boyish" touches with the structure of the pants and the oxfords. looking forward to your styled posts as well :)
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they do make some great things, the style is often simple but is very well made.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the clutch so much :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. so in love you selection of basic items here and love that you kept them black. I seriously need a pair of black patent leather brogues just like those above too <3

    Check out my Street Style post at London Fashion Week and share your thoughts! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those leather lunch bags they are so cute and clever, I have also seen them in gold and silver.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi :)
    i just found your blog now, and i really like it :)
    You have gain a new follower hehehe
    i invite you to visit my little corner, i will put here the link http://free-zing-time.blogspot.pt/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the trousers! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that hat and the adorable glasses which bear resemblance to my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have an amazing eye for style! this one in particular catches my attention as I would fall for all the pieces in this style set! love it! hope you can take a look at my blog and follow if you'd like x

    www.joyyiu.com

    ReplyDelete